Tweed Funk took home the 2015 Wisconsin Area Music Industry Award for R&B/Soul Artist of the Year for 2015. This is the second time the band has been honored with this award (2012 Winner). Congrats to all of the Winners and Nominees. Tweed Funk was thrilled to receive 7 WAMI Nominations in 2015. The band and its members were also nominated in the following categories:
- Album of the Year - "First Name Lucky"
- Song of the Year - Blues In My Soul
- Male Vocalist of the Year - Joseph "Smokey" Holman
- Drummer of the Year - Nick Lang
- Bass Player of the Year - Eric Madunic
- Brass/Reeds Player of the Year - Kevin Klemme
Check out Piet Levy's coverage of the 2015 WAMI Winners in the Journal Sentinel.
Photo Courtesy of Sweet Music Chica